- This event has passed.
Les petits déjeuners d’i3-CRG with Christophe Midler et Marc Alochet
20 June 2022 8h30-10h séminaire en présentiel à Polytechnique et en visioconférence
Presentation of the book « L’Odysée de Spring »
- Christophe Midler is Director of Research Emeritus CNRS, CRG-I3 of the Ecole Polytechnique.
- Marc Alochet is a research associate at CRG-I3 of the Ecole Polytechnique.
- Christophe de Charentenay is the director of M@Air, a company specialising in low-carbon mobility in Europe and Asia. He previously chaired eGT, the electric car joint venture between Renault Nissan and Dongfeng.
This book traces the history, from its genesis to its marketing, of an inexpensive electric car, two characteristics that seemed incompatible until now. But beyond a singular adventure, the development of this project allows us to understand, better than abstract and general speeches, key issues of contemporary strategy and management:
- A lesson in strategy, which shows the complexity of an international growth trajectory.
- A lesson in project management, which analyses the success of a collaboration between five partners in four different countries.
- A lesson in innovation, which shows that the electrification of mobility can be combined with affordable prices.
- A lesson in industrial policy, which shows, contrary to popular belief, the major role of public authorities in the technological trajectories of companies and therefore the central issues of industrial policies in the competition between Europe and China in particular.
- A lesson in intrapreneurship, which shows that the start-up is not the only context in which it is possible to try and live adventures
In person at the Drahi Polytechnique and remotely (codes sent a few days before the event).