- This event has passed.
We are pleased to announce that the 16th Design Theory WORKSHOP will take place from the 30th January to 31st January 2023.
Our establishment is currently in a work zone for several months (even years). We probably won’t be able to welcome you at Mines Paris - We are currently looking for alternative solutions in Paris downtown, easily reachable from our school. We will keep you informed as soon as possible.
We welcome contributions in the areas of the Design Theory SIG :
1) Design Theory and other disciplines: AI, cognition, engineering sciences, data science, biology, physics...
2) The value of Design Theory for practitioners
3) Design Theory and Education
4) Design Theory and perception theory: reception and critic of design, identity of objects
5) Design theory and the economics of design
More information can be found: https://designtheory.sciencesconf.org /https://www.tmci.minesparis.psl.eu/design-theory-2/ / https://www.designsociety.org/ds_group/19/Design+Theory / http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxi9wu_design-theory_news
Different types of sessions will be held during the first two days (9am-6pm):
1) Substantial presentations (45mn-1hour) of ongoing research in the research areas of the SIG
2) Round tables and /or open discussions on new approaches and emerging issues
3) Special sessions will be held to facilitate subgroup meetings on special topics or to discuss new research plans that could benefit from the cooperation of several SIG members and lead to new insights and co-publications
Based on the work done during the previous workshops, we will have special parallel sessions to discuss the following four topics:
· Design theory and creation in philosophy and culture
· Design theory and Artificial Intelligence
· Design theory and cognition and psychology
· Design theory and management
Final program and schedule: SIG Chairmen will compose the final program taking into account suggestions and proposals received from participants. Registration and submission for the workshop is detailed below.
SUBMISSIONS AND REGISTRATION: IMPORTANT DATES
Participation in the two days SIG WORKSHOP : Any person asking to participate, please register at https://designtheory.sciencesconf.org/registration/index before Jan 23th, 2023 (participation is free, students are welcome) https://designtheory.sciencesconf.org/registration/index
Submission for the WORKSHOP : For those who would like to present their work or would like to suggest topics for discussions, please submit (via the platform https://designtheory.sciencesconf.org/submission/submit ) a short abstract of (no more than two pages) or a paper (published or unpublished). Submission deadline is November 18th, 2022.
THE PLATEFORM (https://designtheory.sciencesconf.org ) IS THE SAME FOR THE REGISTRATION AND FOR THE SUBMISSIONS. Please contact Stéphanie Brunet <email@example.com > if you have any question regarding registration and/or submission.
PRACTICALITIES, LOCATION and COSTS
The participation to the workshop is free. The chair Design theory and Methods for Innovation of MINES ParisTech will pay for the organization, breaks and lunches during the workshop.
Additionally, the chair DTMI will cover the accommodation costs for the speakers for 2 nights.
Travel and accommodation costs: all participants who are not presenters are expected to cover their cost.
Other related event: TUTORIAL IN DESIGN THEORY
On the 1st-2nd-3rd of February (just after the workshop), the Tutorial on Design Theory will take place. You might be interested in also participating to this event, or one of your PhD students might be interested - please look at the website (https://tutorialondt.sciencesconf.org/) for submission and registration