We welcome contributions in the areas of the Design Theory SIG :
1- Design Theory and other disciplines: AI, cognition, engineering sciences, data science, biology, physics...
2- The value of Design Theory for practitioners
3- Design Theory and Education
4- Design Theory and perception theory: reception and critic of design, identity of objects
5- Design theory and the economics of design
More information can be found:
Different types of sessions will be held during the first two days (9am-6pm):
1) Substantial presentations (45mn-1hour) of ongoing research in the research areas of the SIG
2) Round tables and /or open discussions on new approaches and emerging issues
3) Special sessions will be held to facilitate subgroup meetings on special topics or to discuss new research plans that could benefit from the cooperation of several SIG members and lead to new insights and co-publications
Based on the work done during the previous workshops, we will have special parallel sessions to discuss the following four topics:
· Design theory and creation in philosophy and culture
· Design theory and Artificial Intelligence
· Design theory and cognition and psychology
· Design theory and management
Final program and schedule: SIG Chairmen will compose the final program taking into account suggestions and proposals received from participants. Registration for the workshop is detailed below.
SUBMISSIONS AND REGISTRATION: IMPORTANT DATES
Participation in the two days SIG WORKSHOP
a. Any person asking to participate, please send a participation request before Jan 15th, 2021 (participation is free, students are welcome).
b. For those who would like to present their work or would like to suggest topics for discussions, please send a short abstract of (no more than two pages) or a paper (published or unpublished). Submission deadline is November, 30th 2020.